Wednesday 27 November 2013

UCAS Design Your Future Fair

Yesterday, we visited the UCAS Design Your Future Fair. I wanted to talk to the three uni's closest to me: Manchester (MMU), University of Derby, and Staffs Uni. I wasn't keen on the sound of the Photography course at MMU as I felt as though the Photography man was rambling on about a lot of rubbish and I felt like it was more about conceptual photography/art and it wasn't for me.

I found out from Staffs and Derby that the course would require me to be in for about three days a week, which is fine with me since I would be driving every day. I like the sound of the Photography degree in both of these uni's but I think I'm leaning slightly more towards Staffs because of their links with industry and live project briefs.

That being said, I like the sound of the Commercial Photography degree at Derby, and the Foundation Degree in Applied Photography. The degree that I would like to do is the Foundation Degree. I think this is because it is part time, only two years and I could be working at the same time as doing it. I think that the course looks really good too as it is looking at how you'd apply the techniques to working and I feel like it would be a good degree for me.

Order of preference:

1. Foundation Degree in Applied Photography at Derby
2. BA Hons Photography in Staffs
3. BA Hons Photography in Derby
4. BA Hons Commercial Photography in Derby

No comments:

Post a Comment