Sunday 6 October 2013

Lewis Noble Workshop

I really enjoyed the workshop, even though it's not typically my style, it was really interesting to have an insight to how he works and I may take inspiration from him and incorporate it into my own style because I would quite like to try out a new looser style for my project. 

First, we went outside to Brough Park and were told not to draw what we saw, but to respond to the textures and landscape and make marks on the paper with charcoal. It was very messy but fun!



Then we went back inside, ripped up the charcoal drawings and rearranged sections to create a new, interesting composition. We then responded to these with paint, using different brush strokes and mark making. I enjoyed using a palette knife for the first time and will definitely continue to use one for my project!
After the paint dried, we ripped up and rearranged these again to create new compositions again and ended up with some really nice looking pieces that almost filled an entire sketchbook!


No comments:

Post a Comment