Tuesday 1 October 2013

Inspiration... Rob Wilson

The Printworks. Mixed Media - Original Available £2,800

sawyers-arms-deansgate

shambles_painting-1

st_annes_sq

corn-exchange



From this video, I can see that he starts out by doing a quick line drawing of the subject then goes in with his watery blue ink, builds it up and sticks the dressmakers paper on with water. Then he works into it more with the same blue ink, building up the intensity and continuing to layer dressmakers paper. Then, he sticks other mixed media on there such as magazines and newspapers with what looks like PVA glue, then works into it with brown ink and more blue ink. After that, he adds detail to the image with white and black acrylic paint, adds more mixed media to create detail and then stitches into it.

I really like his work as it is very interesting to look at and figure out how it's done. I think I will take inspiration from him and experiment with dressmakers paper and inks and stitch. I think that I need to do some small samples in my sketchbook of different painting styles and artist responses to find the style that I like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment