Tuesday 1 October 2013

Inspiration... Robert Finale

Robert Finale


An Evening of Romance - Venice, Italy



Café De Paris - Paris, France



Summer in Paris - Paris, France



Summer in the Park - Central Park in New York



A New Beginning - New Orleans, Louisiana

I really love Robert's paintings; the colours, composition and the style... The colours in An Evening of Romance are beautiful, they're very romantic. I think my favourite out of this selection are An Evening of Romance and Café De Paris. I think in my own work I will use a similar style of painting, realistic, and similar compositions.

His work reminds me of HDR photography, how he's got the light and dark and the sharpness. I will try to do the same sort of thing by taking a HDR photo of the city/town scape and then paint from the photograph, giving the HDR effect in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment