Tuesday 1 October 2013

Inspiration... Voka

Voka



Venezia, Acrylic on Canvas, 80x100cm



New York City 02, Acrylic on Canvas, 115x240cm



New York City 04, Acrylic on Camvas, 150x200cm



Vienna

I think that Vienna effectively shows how Voka creates his paintings... He paints a background using large expressive strokes, not making a smooth transition between colours, and then paints over the top and lets the colours underneath show through and be a part of the final image, this reminds me of how Nick Gentry used the colours of the floppy discs as the colours of the models' faces.

I have been a fan of Voka's work for a while now and used his portraits for my inspiration in my A Level, and I love the colours and the style of his work. I will try to do a similar style as his in my city/town scapes but make it more realistic and my own style. I like the idea of using bright colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment