Tuesday 10 September 2013

Paper Making and Collage with Suzanne

In our lesson with Suzanne today, we made paper out of old shredded recycled bit of paper. I found it really interesting and enjoyed doing it even though it can be a bit messy. I enjoyed the different colour combinations you could achieve using brusho pigments in the water with the pulp. I also enjoyed sprinkling the brusho and the lustre dust on the damp paper, along with sequins. I could use this technique in the future to make a background for painting or drawing on.

For the second part of the lesson, we made collages out of magazines, newspaper and books and other recycled paper. I really enjoyed exploring the different textures and compositions, and I created a front cover for my sketchbook with this collage technique that says "Trash to Treasure" on it. In addition, I created a collage that could be used for a background to be painted on.

No comments:

Post a Comment