Thursday 26 September 2013

Developing the Recycle Posters...


I'm not too keen on this first one (above) because it's a bit plain and boring, and I don't like the washing line thing but I was just experimenting...



I developed this second one by changing the font of the text, I like this font better.



I then added the poster edges effect to the main image and did the same to the small images of litter.



Then I kept the small images as the poster edges filter, but changed the main image back to the cutout effect again. I felt as though this worked better but still didn't like it but I couldn't figure out why...



I zoomed in to the background image to focus on one part of the image as this is my favourite part of the image because the people walking across the road makes it look more interesting. I also kept the cutout effect on the background image and the poster edges effect on the small images. After I zoomed in I started to like it better...



I decided to get rid of the washing line thing across the top and the small images of litter and focus on the main image and the text. I liked it better than the other designs because it's simple and effective, but the brief requires me to put images of litter on it...






So that's what I did for these last two, I played around with the composition of the images of the litter and the blending modes of the layers and settled on this one for the final design. I like this one because the emphasis is still on the main background image and looks like a "grungy" picture of Leek, but then if you look carefully you can see images of litter blended into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment