Thursday 10 April 2014

Photoshop and Ink Paintings Experiments

I tried overlaying the ink paintings over the top of the original photograph in Photoshop using different layer blending modes.

Multiply

Overlay
 Linear Light

Hard Light

Divide

Difference

Overlay Opacity 47%

Multiply Opacity 47%

Linear Light Opacity 47%

Hard Light Opacity 47%

Divide

Difference

Overlay Opacity 55%

Multiply Opacity 55%

Linear Light Opacity 55%

Hard Light Opacity 55%

Divide Opacity 55%

Difference Opacity 55%

Overlay

Multiply

Linear Light

Hard Light

Divide

Difference

I think that overall, the best layer blending mode for all of the images is hard light, as overall, it gives the right amount of contrast and reveals the right amount of the original image underneath. I'm not sure what I could do with these images, I might develop them further and illustrate or manipulate the characters and more of the story into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment