Wednesday 19 February 2014

Next Steps...

My next steps were to decide on a way to display the series of photos so I looked at Olafur Eliasson and David Hockney. This is the technique I will be using to display my pictures.

David Hockney

cartographic IV
Olafur Eliasson

I looked at Marion Smith's altered books. I tried my own page of an altered book in my sketchbook and loved it but the decorative elements such as stamps weren't relevant so I won't be using this technique. Maybe for personal use though.

Marionalteredbook2

I looked at Archie Comics and tried my own comic version of Bella in Illustrator, I didn't like it, it took too long to do and the outcome wasn't great so I won't be using this technique.


And finally I looked at Allison Shamrell's way of displaying photos in books, I really liked the idea of this but publishing a book would be too expensive and would take too long to be delivered.

A sample copy of a premium photo-cover album featuring custom pet photography by Allison Shamrell.

No comments:

Post a Comment