Monday 20 January 2014

Self Directed Project - Man's Best Friend

Each dog has its own personality and some people believe that we can read a dogs emotions and that they can read ours, creating a strong bond like a best friend, hence people calling dogs a man’s best friend. For this reason, I have given my project the title of Man’s Best Friend.

I will work towards producing a series of photographs of dogs and capturing the individual dog’s personality through their facial expressions and activities. All dogs have their own quirks and habits and routines so I will try to capture this in my photography.

Similar to in the exploratory stage, I will use the studio and studio lighting, the dark room to develop black and white film, and I will use Adobe Photoshop to edit my photos. I will extend my knowledge and creative ability by using and experimenting with different ways of taking photos, such as black and white film, taking a photo of a dog in motion, experimenting with shutter speeds, and taking photos of a dog closeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment